Role of Skilled Nursing Care
Caring for the Sick and Elderly People
Skilled nursing care facility cares for and supports the older people who are otherwise cared for in their own homes. Dependent persons seeking nursing care facility that is in the morning and evening return back home. It is a demanding job that requires certain skills and knowledge, combined with mental and moral faculties of man, sometimes requiring psychological approaches in different situations. Sick, elderly people are capricious and easily offended, they need not so much a medical examination, but in the moral support and understanding. They want to be heard and want to be fit. The best way out is a qualified nursing care for older people. Using the services of specialists, one will not only caring for elderly relatives, but also health care (injections, dressings, hygiene, etc.) related issues. The qualified registered nurses take care of elderly patients in the absence of their loved ones. The care provided to home or hospital can help elderly people relieve stress; provide peace of mind for people close to you.
Skilled nursing care involves a variety of activating and nursing and therapy services. Depending on the health status of the visitors they include, for example:
- Basic care and treatment
- Mobilization and exercise
- Offers of employment
- Instructions for maintaining and regaining of life skills (e.g. ensuring the meals)
- Work with relatives (instructions and advice for the care, interviews).
Care for Older people
Skilled nursing care is nursing care and relief assistance. It is used to secure and supplement home care. It is an honorable, but also one of the most difficult tasks. The registered nurse has to organize a schedule of duty; which she will have to the correct timely assistance; create a comfortable environment for the rehabilitation of your loved one. In general, skilled nursing care is totally different from senior day care or housing facilities as they also provide substantial medical facility to the elderly.
Care for the Elderly
Greater role in caring for bed-patients is a sensitive and patient attitude conducive to his recovery. If you decide to use the services of nursing care center, you can be sure that it will always be near a professionally trained person. The duration and amount of duty will depend on your wishes. Here, relative will not only get professional help, but also gain new friends and acquaintances, plunge into the atmosphere of warmth and kindness of one of our resorts. From an economic point of view, too, it is more advantageous to define a pensioner in a boarding house. Nursing cares are used for serious illnesses to ensure, that for example in connection with a hospital stay is a qualified rehabilitation and aims at establishing and rehabilitation.
Interview with a Person
Ben Mathis, age 65, who is a resident or Norfolk Virginia has been the recipient of skilled nursing care. Several questions were asked about the execution of nursing and care practice in skilled nursing care. According to his respond, skilled nursing care is the most terrific experience of his life. He was provided with all the facilities, from dressing, feeding, bathing to medical treatment. The skills of registered nurses at nursing care are matchless. As Ben is the patient of Alzheimer, he required frequent medical treatment and proper check up. In his views, nursing care homes should be moved towards the next and important step of hospitalization. However, most of the nursing cares are much successful in proving all the facilities that are available in hospital.
Strength of Nursing Care
- Extensive network of services in primary care (especially public level) currently in phase coordination.
- Existence of adequate diagnostic and treatment resources.
- Process of updating guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of nationwide.
- Registration reliable long-term mortality.
Nursing care enjoys with wide range of companies. The business is to provide services in a nursing home patient, in an atmosphere of peace and surrounded by family. Thus, the stress of medical procedures, visits to outpatient clinics, waiting in queues, etc., is reduced to a minimum, and the patient in a comfortable environment of the home returns to strength and health.
Weaknesses of Nursing Care
- Health promotion programs and the prevention are not in scope.
- Target population overlapping programs and structures.
- Need for guidelines for prevention and palliative care implementation in nursing care.
- Lack of multidisciplinary health teams addressing the oncology.
- Still insufficient coordination of activities between public and private inequities when accessing health services.
Opportunities for Nursing Care
- There are several opportunities exist which day nursing care can exploit. Within the regulatory framework, the nursing care may look for expanding its current position in the health care market. With the more advance resources, these nursing cares may progress towards hospitalization.
Threats of Skilled Nursing Care
- The problem or medical risk can group multiple prescriptions.
- It must be based on concrete elements of evaluation, clinical biology. There should be no estimation.
Recommendation and conclusion for Skilled Nursing Care
The nursing care plays a vital role in the safety and care of elderly patients. By applying different models, the facilities and qualities of nursing can be done better.
- Use case management, i.e. evaluation of patients, establishment of plan care, assessment, care coordination and application of resources to the care, including home help.
- Use standard models of assessment and classification of patients to prioritize revenue in institutions.
- The care processes are subject to assessment according to standards of practice accepted, and the nurse who performs the comprehensive assessment and plan of care is often.
- New approach to care: traditional versus disease-oriented approach, many teams begin to focus its intervention on the problems that create dependency, capacity for patient self-management, the ability of primary caregivers and family network for cope with a situation of helplessness and dependence.
- Increase the technological level of services. Some institutions have implemented home hospitalization programs: technology transfer opportunities before reserved for the hospital, at home (e.g. enteral nutrition, Ventilation therapy) allows offer technological level and intensity similar to the hospital.
- Customization service: each patient / family will be assigned a nurse responsible for their care. This condition seems obvious, it is not: in recent years the general trend has been to organize nursing services by activity care by health programs or activities.
- Design of a management information system of care to ensure analysis service effectiveness. In this regard, it has reinforced the number of computers to improve the recording of the information generated by the nursing service
In practice, these nurses are also being facilitators of continuity care, once patients enter the hospital, helping to plan the high and part of the area committee for the continuity of care, where decisions are decisions in relation to communication between primary and specialty care. Among its objectives also provides for the care coordination in the area, joining mechanisms that are established or promoting strategies that improve.